* I'm hopelessly addicted to the Twilight series. It's all I think about and all I want to do is read to find out more. I'm seriously reading almost 100 pages in an hour because it's so exciting. The book is so romantic and the passion....oh the passion. I'm a sap I know I am and I'm OK with that. I love romance and passion. I love putting into words how I feel about the people I love. Twilight has turned me even more into a sap. My co-worker called me a romantic, vampire-loving sap... I like it. *sigh...all I can say is I'm completely addicted to these books.
* I'm rummaging through our newsletter return e-mails and I always get "out of office" automatic replies. I have to read through them to see if they have moved so I can update their contact information in our database. I just came across one that read...
"I'm on sabbatical touring Europe with my family. I will return 6/21/09."
Must be nice to take sabatical and tour Europe with your family for almost a month. I hate reading out of office replies like that. bah.
* Speaking of vacation: I have 36 days until vacation where I will wear nothing more than a bathing suit, sunglasses and have an ice cold beer glued to the inside of my right palm....please hurry...
* Husband lost his wedding band this weekend at schlitterbahn. Pretty crummy. We need to replace it, but he wants to wait until October to get "an actual" replacement because that's when they will empty the grates that it could have gotten sucked into. In the meantime, we agreed to go to James Avery and get him a temporary ring. I looked yesterday and found him a simple stainless steel hammered band for $50 - I figured that was something we could get cheap and inexpensive. Or so I thought. Here's T last night: "Val, I really liked that band you found. I think that will work." Me: "OK, great. We'll go this week." T: "The only problem is that I think I like the gold better." he makes a don't kill me face. Me: "You would." pause. "That's fine, we can do that. You would do it for me." So it looks as though we'll be getting the $275 gold band instead. Oh well. He would do it for me so I want him to be happy until we fully replace his ring.
* I'm listening to my MP3 player here at work and the song Feeling Good by Michael Buble is on. There's something about that song that makes me want to be a cabaret dancer. I want to bust out some spirit fingers, walk sassy and jump up on my desk to dance...with the pen microphone of course. For my job's sake though, I will quietly sit in my chair, shimmying my shoulders and rocking my head. That should do.
* I didn't bring any of my crack corn today and instead brought an apple. Is it bad that I'm craving the corn?
* I was feeling really bad that I was totally neglecting T while reading these books. I mean I sit next to him and read and I cook dinner, but I haven't given him much attention. I asked him about it and he said he really didn't care...he gets to watch what he wants and he gets to play on the computer for as long as he wants. Oh...ok then. I'll keep reading :)
* I was accepted to be a blogger on Stage of Life. I heard about it from Fidgeting Gidget. I thought it would be a neat opportunity for me. In spirit of wedding season upon us and my own wedding anniversary around the corner I'm working on a piece for their wedding section.
* I love Aaron Watson and all his music. It never fails to have me singing along or feeling quite content. It also reminds me of our river trip coming up in a few weeks, which I'm so stinking excited for. His music also reminds me of time spent in College Station with the Hubby while we were in college.
* As mentioned above, our river trip is coming up on the 19th. Every year we go to Leakey to float the Frio River. It is so wonderful. It's out in the middle of nowhere. We rent river cabins and hang out the entire weekend. The best part? There's no TV, no clocks and most important...no cell phone service. We go to sleep when we're tired and wake up when we rested. We eat when we feel hungry. Our cabins are right along the river so you can hear the river running below. We cook every meal and we sit around outside drinking, eating, playing washers and telling stories. It's a very relaxing and rewarding trip.
* I'm sure you've noticed that I mentioned my first wedding anniversary is this Sunday. I can't believe how quickly a year has gone by. I have been reminiscing a lot this week about what I was doing this time last year and how I was preparing for the most important day of my life...the day I married my best friend. Cheesy I know but it's true. We had a wonderful wedding and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. So here I sit this year not near as stressed or worried. No luggage is packed and my wedding folder has been retired to the wedding box. How nice it is to know that all that is behind me now :) and I can enjoy time with my husband. I still love that word.
* Ok last thing for today...I swear. So I got Astros tickets for Sunday for part of Hubby's anniversary present. I got really awesome tickets and I bought during a promotion so we get all these cool perks. It said the tickets would be shipped via US Mail in an unmarked, plain white envelope. sweet. I'll ship them to the house so I can wrap them up with his new shirt for the game. wrong. I'm straightening the kitchen yesterday when T
walks runs through the back door holding an envelope under his chin with a grin so wide it reminded me of a kid finding his hidden Christmas present. He's begins rapidly: "I um um found this in the mail and I am pretty sure I'm not supposed to see it, but I did and I'm hoping they are for me....Are they for me?" I cannot even talk. I can't get a single word out. All I can think is...damn Astros. That's a really great unmarked, plain white envelope there. I asked him if he wanted part of his present now and he grinned but said no it's OK. I started opening the envelope and he did everything but jump up and down. He was so excited. His brother was there and they were high fiving at the cool gift and praising what a cool wife I was and where those seats were and how awesome it was. Seeing his face that pleased and his reaction was well worth the Astros ruining my intentions for giving him the tickets.
5 hours ago